Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Old Heroes

I thought it would be appropriate to start with last year's project, which was hero portraits. That was basically my first art project outside the basic illustration stuff. Well, since I've been a 'grown up'. I guess it doesnt matter where I start, like with all projects, the most important thing is to start and to finish. What lies is the middle is a mystery =) oh, yeah, this one is a self portrait.



Here's another one, of my friend Leo. The whole point in these photo-paintings was to show what the person is like on the inside, which is an idea I totally love. It would be awesome to do this for a living, to talk to people, get to know them, really dig deep and have fun. I originally wanted to make empowering portraits and managed to make a couple of them. After about six monts and some baby-portraits later, everyone got really excited about how great a business idea this is and the whole point was overrun by marketing ideas and the pressure to reproduce a certain product or work with existing photos. My point was to interview, photograph, and paint, personally and for individuals with motivation to see themselves in a different light. So, the whole project was left as a fun little personal art project. because i'm really bad at selling out. sorry! :P
Here for the whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment